Palm Sunday Mass
Some wonderful activities for our children for the upcoming Holy Week….
Update to our families regarding the Corona Virus
All Faith Formation Classes and activities are cancelled for the rest of the year. We are asking our families to complete their child’s/children’s religion books at home. Below you will find a few suggestions to give you a few extra resources for grades 1 thru 6.
Level 7 was given an additional book to complete for the weeks that said Service Project on the agenda. Please email us to set up a time to pick up this book if you have not already done so.
Level 8 families- please see the link below for the Chosen Access program.
Family Faith Formation WE REGRET TO ANNOUNCE: As you may have seen in this space last week, our date for Confirmation has been postponed indefinitely because of the continuing corona virus health crisis. We are so sorry to announce that we have also decided to postpone all of our First Communion dates. We make this decision with great regret, especially because we know how much the children have worked for their big day and how excited they get as they look forward to receiving Jesus for the first time. And yet, with the great uncertainty involved in the current situation, we believe this is the best decision for the health and safety of all involved. We look forward to rescheduling these important events as soon as we are able.
Please see the Pastor’s Corner Page on our website for more information.
If you would like to follow the Daily Readings from Mass you can log in to USCCB.org
You will be able to see the readings and they also offer audio or video reflections. You can also receive a daily email with the readings.
Lesson Plans and Resources for Grades 1 thru 6
Free online books for religious education
Religion E-book Log-in
(case sensitive)2) Web resources for Teachers, Students and Families
No Username or Password required
Joining the Ministry of Family Faith Formation
Jesus taught us to love God and one another. Help spread the love by volunteering to help in this very rewarding ministry. We could use catechists (teachers), class aides, office volunteers, parking lot safety help on Mon. and Tuesday evening, high school students to tutor one on one etc. We provide catechetical ministry to families at the center, Monday and Tuesday we could use help any of those days.
Please call us at 567-1765. Thank You.
Family Faith Formation Business Hours- We are presently closed but checking the email daily. You can send us messages via email.
The office is currently closed but we are checking messages and email. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason. Email will be a faster route.
Monday-Thursday 10 am-4:00 pm September to June
Monday-Thursday 10 am-3 pm July to August
Friday, office is closed.
Class Times at the Center
Monday, Tuesday 4:30 to 5:30 pm
Monday, Tuesday 5:45 to 6:45, Monday 7 to 8 pm
- Registration letter 2019-2020
- Registration form 2019-2020
- Catechist sign up form
- Preparation for First Holy Communion Spring of 2020
- First Reconciliation Sacr and wkshp schedule 2020
- First Holy Communion Workshop 2020l
- Level 7 Journal
- Level 7 Mass Reflections page 1
- Level 7 Mass Reflections page 2
- Service Opportunities
- Community Service Form
- Confirmation form 2019 2020
- Chosen access letter 2019
- Confirmation information letter 2019 2020
- Confirmation Journal
- Confirmation Journal Requirement Page
- Confirmation Journal Gifts and Fruits of the Spirit
- Confirmation Journal Enrollment page
- Confirmation Journal Community Service
- Confirmation Journal Reflections for Community Service
- Confirmation Journal Saints Alive
- Confirmation Journal Footprints Poem
- Confirmation Journal Mass Reflections 1
- Confirmation Journal Mass Reflections 2
- Confirmation Journal Nicene Creed 1
- Confirmation Journal Nicene Creed 2
- Confirmation Journal The Importance of Names
- Confirmation Journal Choosing a Sponsor
- Confirmation Journal Gifts of the Holy Spirit 1
- Confirmation Journal Gifts of the Holy Spirit 2
- Confirmation Journal Baptism 1
- Confirmation Journal Baptism 2
- Confirmation Journal Parents Understanding Page
- Level 5 Reconciliation 2020
- FIRST GRADE AGENDA 2019-2020
- SECOND GRADE AGENDA 2019-2020
- THIRD GRADE AGENDA 2019-2020
- FOURTH GRADE AGENDA 2019-2020
- FIFTH GRADE AGENDA 2019-2020
- SIXTH GRADE AGENDA 2019-2020
- LEVEL 7 AGENDA 2019-2020
- LEVEL 8 AGENDA 2019-2020
- Gift agenda 2019-2020
Contribution for each grade for Outreach
Level 1 Cereal
Level 2 Peanut butter/Jelly
Level 3 Juice boxes
Level 4 Juice
Level 5 Macaroni and Cheese
Level 6 Tuna Fish
Level 7 Pasta
Level 8 Pasta Sauce
We offer a special needs class for any student who requires a special education placement. Our catechist is a certified Special Education Teacher who provides Sacramental Preparation as well as weekly Religious Education lessons for our students. Along with our catechist we have many assistants who are there to provide a loving, nurturing environment for our children. Levels 1 thru 8 are welcome. Please contact us and let us know if you have a child who has special needs. All children are welcome to receive his/her Sacraments and gain a foundation of the love of Jesus Christ.
Every Tuesday at 4:30 pm.
Requirements, Attendance and Absences
- All classes are 1 hour, and there are approximately 24 classes a year. It is necessary for parents to bring the children on time for all classes and activities.
- We take strict attendance each week of class. This is actually a legal record for the diocese. Please keep in mind that after 3 absences we will call or write to you; after 5 unexcused absences, with no communication to the office, your child will be asked to repeat the grade.
- If you know your child will be absent on a given day please call our office to let us know. (631) 567-1765
- If your child misses a class please cover the chapter for that week at home before the child returns to class
- Sign in and sign out / adult to adult hand-off (in the center and in home groups) for all grades 2nd to 8th
To help insure the safety of the children while they are attending FFF programs & classes, the adult in charge of drop off and pick up must sign each child in and out with the Child’s Catechist (teacher). If your child attends class in a home group please make sure you see the child’s Catechist (teacher) at the home and sign children in and out before dropping off your child and leaving. Adult to adult hand-off is absolutely necessary when bringing children to and from religion classes or any activity sponsored by St. John’s.
Also, do not drop your child off more than 10 minutes early or pick him/her up more than 10 minutes late. If continuing lateness occurs we will talk to you about making other arrangements for your child’s religion class.
Students entering 4th grade and older are welcome to join the altar servers. Training dates will be posted in the bulletin as soon as they are available. Please contact Mrs. Deb Bartlett, (631) 244-0663.
Altar Server Training:
There will be an announcement as to when the next training sessions will take place.
Please also always check the Bulletin for updates, changes or new events. Thank You