Joining the Ministry of Family Faith Formation
Jesus taught us to love God and one another. Help spread the love by volunteering to help in this very rewarding ministry. We could use catechists (teachers), class aides, office volunteers, parking lot safety help on Mon. and Tuesday evening, high school students to tutor one on one etc. We provide catechetical ministry to families at the center, Monday and Tuesday we could use help any of those days.
Please call us at 567-1765. Thank You.
Family Faith Formation Business Hours
Monday-Thursday 10 am-4:00 pm September to June
Monday-Thursday 10 am-3 pm July to August
Friday, office is closed.
Class Times at the Center
Monday, Tuesday 4:30 to 5:30 pm
Monday, Tuesday 5:45 to 6:45, Monday 7 to 8 pm
- Registration Form 2018-2019
- Request for change of placement 2018-2019
- Chosen access letter 2018
- Catechist sign up form
- First Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Second Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Third Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Fourth Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Fifth Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Sixth Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Seventh Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Eighth Grade AGENDA 2018-2019
- Gift AGENDA 2018-2019
Contribution for each grade for Outreach
Level 1 Cereal
Level 2 Peanut butter/Jelly
Level 3 Juice boxes
Level 4 Juice
Level 5 Macaroni and Cheese
Level 6 Tuna Fish
Level 7 Pasta
Level 8 Pasta Sauce
We offer a special needs class for any student who requires a special education placement. Our catechist is a certified Special Education Teacher who provides Sacramental Preparation as well as weekly Religious Education lessons for our students. Along with our catechist we have many assistants who are there to provide a loving, nurturing environment for our children. Levels 1 thru 8 are welcome. Please contact us and let us know if you have a child who has special needs. All children are welcome to receive his/her Sacraments and gain a foundation of the love of Jesus Christ.
Every Tuesday at 4:30
Students entering 4th grade and older are welcome to join the altar servers. Training dates will be posted in the bulletin as soon as they are available. Please contact Mrs. Barbara Tenney at 563-3538.
Requirements, Attendance and Absences
- All classes are 1 hour, and there are approximately 24 classes a year. It is necessary for parents to bring the children on time for all classes and activities.
- We take strict attendance each week of class. This is actually a legal record for the diocese. Please keep in mind that after 3 absences we will call or write to you; after 5 unexcused absences, with no communication to the office, your child will be asked to repeat the grade.
- If you know your child will be absent on a given day please call our office to let us know. (631) 567-1765
- If your child misses a class please cover the chapter for that week at home before the child returns to class
- Sign in and sign out / adult to adult hand-off (in the center and in home groups) for all grades 2nd to 8th
To help insure the safety of the children while they are attending FFF programs & classes, the adult in charge of drop off and pick up must sign each child in and out with the Child’s Catechist (teacher). If your child attends class in a home group please make sure you see the child’s Catechist (teacher) at the home and sign children in and out before dropping off your child and leaving. Adult to adult hand-off is absolutely necessary when bringing children to and from religion classes or any activity sponsored by St. John’s.
Also, do not drop your child off more than 10 minutes early or pick him/her up more than 10 minutes late. If continuing lateness occurs we will talk to you about making other arrangements for your child’s religion class.
Please also always check the Bulletin for updates, changes or new events. Thank You